Why camp at a WELS camp?
Dump over a pail and what happens?
That question is quite easy to answer, isn't it?
Obviously, what's inside the pail will end up all over the place.
If the pail is filled with water, water will be everywhere.
If the pail is filled with garbage, garbage will be everywhere.
Did you realize that the Bible refers to people in this same way?
Romans 15:13 says,
"May the God of hope fill you
with all joy and peace as you trust in him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
If television becomes a baby sitter,
if internet becomes the entertainment,
if a child is filled with garbage,
then it should not be a shock
that garbage will overflow from the child.
Gargabe in; garbage out.
But there are other choices.
If a person is filled with joy and peace,
then joy and peace and hope will overflow from a person.
Holy Spirit in; Holy Spirit out.
Christian camping seeks to fill children with all that's positive and God-pleasing.
Personal spiritual growth is vital for a young Christian.
Hundreds of parents over the years have found that the time their children have spent at a Christian camp is the best opportunity for their children to be filled with all that is positive and God-pleasing. Here's what some parents have said about their child's time at Camp Phillip:
• "I wanted to let you know how much our son and his cousin loved camp this year! Our drive home was full of great stories. But the greatest was hearing, ‘I wanna be a junior counselor. You get to hang out with such awesome people, it’s cool that they’re Christian.’ A parent couldn’t ask for more!"
• "I want to thank you for all you do at Camp Phillip. I could not believe the difference it made for my daughter. She is going through some very trying times in her life, and I believe she found a renewed sense of spiritual strength that week in Camp Phillip. Thanks for caring and for all your time and hard work. It can make a difference in a child's life."
• "My son had an awesome time! He had never been away from home for more than a night; I wasn’t sure how he would do. He loved the counselors, staff and programs. He can’t wait to come back next year, is singing the songs and even talked about the junior staff program. Thanks to all for the great Christian role models. Camp was a positive experience he won’t soon forget."
• "Thanks for giving our whole family such a fantastic and memorable camp experience. Your pee-wee counselors were Unbelievable--they went WAY above our expectations. In the word of my 6 year old, ‘Camp Phillip rocks!’"
• "My daughter attended camp for the first time this year and had a super week. Last night I found her in her room having devotions because she wanted to follow the format outlined at Camp Phillip. Thank you!!!!"
If you would like your child to grow in God's Word, to experience love in action from Christian role models, to learn how to work together with others, then check out this website for a Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS) camp near you!